“Finally I have joined up with my tribe. I learn by listening to other mothers’ stories and telling my own.” - Gayle Boss
Welcome to the Art of Motherhood Community Gallery. This online gallery showcases original visual art and writing created by mother artists and writers exploring the universal, yet simultaneously highly personal and private experience of motherhood seen from the inside out, inspired by mothers’ own experiences. Each month a new collection of material will be featured inspired by themes and questions central to the early years of motherhood including:
- Reorienting: Who am I now and where am I going?
- Learning and Discovery: In what ways have your children taught you to see your life and the world differently?
- Creating Family: What are you going to pass on to your children from your upbringing, and what are you going to start anew or do differently in your own family that you are creating?
- Myth of Infinite Capacity: What is work? What does self-empowerment mean in the modern day?
- Resilience: How has your journey of love and loss as a mother informed your relationship to your life?
- The Many Faces of Motherhood: How can the new sense of self you are developing embody the juxtaposition of contrasting elements that make up your life?
Contact us if you are interested in submitting your work for inclusion in the online Community Gallery or in the Art of Motherhood Anthology, the creation of which is currently underway. Sign up for our email newsletter or join the conversation on social media – follow Art of Motherhood on Facebook to connect with other mother artists and writers and learn about upcoming opportunities to publish and share your own creative work.