“Where is your water? Know your garden.” - Hopi teaching
Generations of Traditions
As we emerge out of winter into the fullness of spring, this turning of the season is often honored in many cultures and traditions with rituals and practices that have been passed on through many generations. With Passover and Easter just around the corner, along with the multitude of other spring celebrations that people participate in during this time of year, we have the opportunity to share family stories at holiday gatherings and reconnect with the roots of our family’s traditions and how they have evolved and changed over time.
Consider these questions…
- What is one of the most important traditions that you have carried on from your ancestors?
- Why is this tradition important to you?
- What does this tradition illuminate about your cultural inheritance?
- How have your family’s traditions evolved or changed over time?
- What new traditions have you developed in your lifetime and why are they important to you?
Join Us for Our Spring Art and Writing Retreat…
Treat yourself to an afternoon of creativity and inspiration. This is a great way to deepen your writing practice and connect with others who are passionate about telling their stories. We have only three spots left for our spring retreat, The Art of Transformation, Exploring Life Milestones through Art and Story…
“Participating in this retreat was a real gift to myself. Your supportive and inspiring approach as a facilitator really helped to open me up to different ways of distilling meaning out of all of the recent changes in my life through engaging in the creative process.”
-Dana, Retreat Participant
To register contact Lisa Kagan at Lisa@FamilyHeirloomArts.com or call (503) 347-1391.